Schedule and Registration
Welcome to the ultimate international fiber art experience, HGA’s Convergence® conference where you can immerse yourself in the inspiration and stimulation of exhibits, classes, textile tours, shopping and more!
Register early! Sessions fill quickly!
Create a conference schedule that meets your needs. Attendees may pick and choose the conference Sessions and Events they wish to attend – and register for each one individually. Priority registration will available to donors who have given $100 or more in 2019 to HGA's Fiber Trust. Become a Donor and Donate Today.
Subject to Change
Registration Dates & Deadlines
|August 1, 2019
|September 17, 2019
|September 24, 2019
|October 1, 2019|
|December 31, 2019||
|January 1, 2020||
|April 24, 2020||
|June 30, 2020||
|July 20, 2020||
Convergence® Value Package (CVP)
- Attendees registered for a CVP must be either a Student, Individual, Family or Professional Artist HGA Member
- 25% discount on Session registration fees
- 1 Ticket to the Fashion Show & Dinner ($113 value)
- 1 Ticket to the Keynote Presentation & Dinner ($73 value)
- Daily admission to the Art Exhibits and the Marketplace including the Demonstration Stage activities ($40 value)
- 1 HGA Tote Bag, sponsored by the John C. Campbell Folk School, and filled with goodies. ($15 value)
- CVP's are Non-Refundable
Convergence® Day Pass
- A Day Pass grants admission to the Marketplace and the Art Exhibits for the day the pass is purchased. If you have a CVP you do not need a Day Pass.
- Day Passes are Non-Refundable
- An HGA Individual, Family, Student, or Professional Artist Membership is required to register
- To save 25% first register and complete your purchase of a CVP
Handwoven Kitchen Towel Exchange
How to Register
- Online - The preferred registration method of HGA, secure and includes an immediate email confirmation
- Phone (678) 730-0010 – Available Monday through Thursday, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Convergence® Marketplace, Special Events, and Tours are open to the general public with the purchase of a Day Pass/and or Ticket. CVP’s and Session registrations are limited to Individual, Family, Student, and Professional Artist members of the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc. All purchases are non-refundable, Sessions are the exception.
Registration is first-come, first-served and will close June 30, 2020 for Workshops. Meal Plans must be purchased by July 20, 2020. Registration for Seminars, CVP’s, Events, Tours, Etc. will continue until Noon the day before their start. Registrations received after July 20, 2020 are based on availability and subject to an additional late fee of $25. Fiber Trust supporters who have given a financial gift of $100 or more in 2019 qualify for Priority Registration. See page 42 for more information about donating to the Fiber Trust or call (678) 730-0010.
HGA supports our Marketplace vendors by providing a list of registered attendees (includes name, state/province, country, and email address). Your participation supports small fiber art businesses, and your privacy is HGA’s first concern. If you wish to not include your name and email address on the list, you may opt out at registration.
Supplies and Material Fees
Session supply lists are available on our website. Session materials fees are payable to the Leader and collected by the Leader at the start of the Session. HGA will not accept supply and material fees.
Changes and Cancellations
Registrants may change their Session and Tour selection until April 30, 2020. Requests must be made in writing and are subject to an administration fee of $25 (US Dollars).
Membership dues and tickets purchased for Convergence® events (Fashion Show, Keynote Presentation, Meals, Tours, Juror Talks, etc.) are non-refundable. Requests to cancel a Session must be made in writing by April 30, 2020. Cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the Session fee or $75, whichever is less. No refund will be given for cancellations received after April 30, 2020.
All Sessions and Tours require a minimum number of participants. HGA reserves the right to cancel Sessions and Tours if there is insufficient registration. If we must cancel a Session or Tour we will issue a full refund.
Register early! Sessions fill quickly!
Convergence® events and activities are open to the general public, however an HGA Membership is required to register for Sessions. Registration is taken on a first-come, first served basis, and Fiber Trust members who have given a financial gift of $100 or more in 2019 qualify for Priority Registration. To donate and join the Fiber Trust click here or call (678) 730-0010.