Sessions and Leaders
With something of interest for everyone from the beginner to the expert, choose from more than 100 Sessions taught by innovative Fiber Art Leaders. Sessions vary from 90 minute seminars to three day workshops and include topics on weaving, spinning, dyeing, basket making, felting, sewing, professional development and more.
Sessions include beginner to advanced instruction in a variety of fiber techniques. An HGA Individual, Family, Student, or Professional Artist Membership is required to register and take a Convergence Session. Membership may be purchased online or by calling (678) 730-0010. Participants who purchase the Convergence Value Package (CVP) save 25% on their Sessions. Registration opens October 1, 2021. Donors who have given $100 or more since January 1, 2021 to HGA's Fiber Trust, qualify for Priority Registration.
Download Session Supply Lists. On page 1 of the PDF click on the Leader's name to jump to their list.
Download the Convergence Registration Book for a complete description of Sessions.
2-Day Workshops (Friday & Saturday), 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- 2W-F001 Eco Dyeing using Plant Material and Natural Dyes (Registration Closed)
- 2W-F002 Deflected Double Weave: Connections, Layers and Pockets (Registration Closed)
- 2W-F004 Not Your Grandma’s Dye Pot (Registration Closed)
- 2W-F005 Sewn Felted Vest
- 2W-F006 Versatile Crackle
1-Day Workshops, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- 1W-F007 Have Fun with M’s and O’s (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F008 Feast ART YARN – Mixed Media Handspinning (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F009 One Shuttle Many Colors (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F010 Weave a Minime (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F011 Inkle Weaving Basics (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F012 Block and Tackle (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F013 Weft-Faced Weaves on Your Rigid Heddle Loom
- 1W-F014 Fingerweaving: Create Without a Loom (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F015 Rug Hooking with Yarn and Fabric
- 1W-F016 Let’s Learn Lace – Making a Bobbin Lace Bookmark
- 1W-F017 Simply Satin (Registration Closed)
- 1W-F018 Intro to Blending Boards
3-Hour Seminars (Morning), 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
90-Minute Seminars (Morning), 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- S-FA020 What They Wove: The History of Early 20th Century Appalachian Weaving Centers
- S-FA021 Deep Structure
- S-FA022 Meet Summer and Winter (Nearly Full)
- S-FA023 Critiquing our Work
3-Hour Seminars (Afternoon), 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
90-Minute Seminars (Afternoon), 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Join us for a Convergence® Leader Session Spotlight
|Session Spotlight: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time|
|Session Spotlight: Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time|
|Session Spotlight: Friday, April 22, 2022 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time|
Click on the Leader's name to read their bio, see their Convergence sessions and to visit their website.
Register early! Sessions fill quickly!
Create a conference schedule that meets your needs. Attendees may pick and choose the conference Sessions and Events they wish to attend – and register for each one individually. You will find pricing on the starting page of each section.
Purchase a Convergence® Value Package and Save! The Convergence Value Package (CVP), available for $235, offers the best pricing on event items and sessions:
- 25% discount on Session registration fees
- 1 Ticket to the Fashion Show ($115 value)
- 1 Ticket to the Keynote Presentation ($70 value)
- Daily admission to the Art Exhibits and the Marketplace including the Demonstration Stage activities ($40 value)
- 1 HGA Tote Bag, sponsored by the John C. Campbell Folk School, and filled with goodies. ($15 value).
How to Register:
- Online at WeaveSpinDye.org - The preferred and secure registration method which includes an immediate email confirmation
- Phone (678) 730-0010 – Available Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Convergence® Marketplace, Special Events, and Tours are open to the general public with the purchase of a Day Pass/and or Ticket. CVP’s and Session registration is limited to Individual, Family, Student, and Professional Artist members of the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc. All purchases are non-refundable, Sessions are the exception.
Registration is first-come, first-served and will close June 24, 2022 for Workshops. Meal Plans must be purchased by July 11, 2022. Registration for Seminars, CVP’s, Events, Tours, Etc. will continue until Noon the day before their start. Registrations received after July 13, 2022 are based on availability and subject to an additional late fee of $25. Fiber Trust supporters who have given a financial gift of $100 or more in 2021 qualify for Priority Registration. Donate online to the Fiber Trust or call (678) 730-0010.
HGA supports our Marketplace vendors by providing a list of registered attendees (includes name, state/province, country, and email address). Your participation supports small fiber art businesses, and your privacy is HGA’s first concern. If you wish to not include your name and email address on the list, you may opt out at registration.
Session Descriptions and Fees
Sessions include beginner to advanced instruction in a variety of fiber techniques. An HGA Individual, Family, Student, or Professional Artist Membership is required to register and take a Convergence® Session. Membership may be purchased online or by calling (678) 730-0010. Participants who purchase the Convergence® Value Package (CVP) save 25% on all their sessions. Fees are in US Dollars.
with CVP without CVP
3-Day Workshops $432 $576
2-Day Workshops $288 $384
1-Day Workshops $144 $192
3-Hour Super Seminars $ 72 $ 96
90-Minutes Seminars $ 36 $ 48
Materials Fees: Are payable to the Leader and collected onsite at the beginning of the Session.
Equipment and Loom Rentals: Required special equipment, including Looms, is noted in the Session description and may be available for rent if requested with your registration. Loom and spinning wheel rental rates are $40 for 1-day, $75 for 2-days, and $95 for 3-days. Tapestry Loom rental rates are $20 for 1-day, $35 for 2-days, and $50 for 3-days.
Supplies: Download a complete supply list for all Sessions at WeaveSpinDye.org. Session participants will be contacted by the Leader with instructions prior to Convergence® if their Session requires advanced preparation such as warping a loom.
Wait Lists: Session size is limited by the Leader. If a Session is full you may register on the Wait List. If a space opens, the first person on the Wait List will receive a phone and email notification of the offer to register and will be required to respond within 2 business days or be removed from the Wait List. If the registration is declined or no response is received, the registration will be offered to the next person on the list.
Changes: Sessions may be changed to a Session at an equivalent or higher registration fee if made in writing by April 15, 2022. Changes will incur a $25 administration fee per Session. Sessions may not be changed after April 15, 2022.
Cancellations: Session cancellations must be made in writing (mail or email) by April 15, 2022 and will incur a $50 cancellation fee per Session. Session registration fees are non-refundable for cancellations made after April 15, 2022.
Sessions require a minimum number of participants to run. HGA reserves the right to cancel Sessions if there is insufficient registration. If we must cancel a Session HGA will issue a full refund.
Transfers: Sessions may be transferred to a registered friend or family member if made in writing by July 14, 2022. Transfers will incur a $25 administration fee per Session. The original registrant is responsible for the administration fee and the difference in registration fees if the registrant receiving the Session does not hold a CVP. Sessions may not be transferred after July 14, 2022.