Volunteering is the perfect opportunity to meet fellow fiber artists while performing a valuable service. Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks from assisting with the mounting and dismounting of exhibitions, to monitoring art exhibits.
Make Your Experience Exceptional, Be a Volunteer!
- Steering Committee: Leadership roles that assist in the overall planning and execution of Convergence® - Download Description - Apply Today
- Planning Committees: Regional support to prepare for Convergence® - Download Description - Apply Today
- Mentors: Experienced Convergence® participants providing guidance and friendship to first-time Convergence® attendees
- On-Site Volunteers: Assistants to ensure Convergence® programs and events run smoothly
HGA is currently accepting applications for Volunteers to serve on the Steering and Planning Committees.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Local Publicity/Press Relations Coordinator
- Tours Coordinator
- Exhibits Coordinator
- Tour Planning Committee
- Exhibits Committee
- Loom Rentals Committee
- Gallery Guide Committee
- Silent Auction Committee
- Session Equipment Committee
- Goody Bag Committee
These are volunteer positions and monetary compensation is not provided.
HGA relies on this "in-kind" support in order to keep conference fees in line. For more information about Convergence®, Volunteering, and HGA, please visit our website. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Handweavers Guild of America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age, Handicap or National Origin.