Spinning and Weaving Week
The crafts of spinning, weaving, dyeing, and basket weaving are as ancient as our history; they are the threads that bind us to our ancestors and to each other. Our crafts know no national boundary. They are a part of the heritage of the world. The Spinning and Weaving Week celebration reflects the truly international membership of the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc., and the international traditions of our crafts. We invite fiber artists around the world to join together in celebration of our common heritage.
Spinning and Weaving Week is celebrated every October during the first full week of the month (Monday-Sunday)
October 3-9, 2022
$ 0 - HGA Student Members
$25 - HGA Members
$50 - Non-Members
With our virtual exhibitors you will be able to set appointments and interact via chat or a webcamera. Please be sure to support the fiber art community by supporting these businesses.
All sessions will be recorded and available on-demand to registered attendees for 90 days. Not a member? Join Today
Marketplace LIVE Schedule
All scheduled times are Eastern Time Zone (ET).
|11:00 AM||-||11:30 AM||Marketplace LIVE: The Woolery|
|Come join The Woolery team as we give you a tour of our most recent projects and inspirations. Our showroom floor has a variety of floor, table, and rigid heddle looms that we are always learning, experimenting and creating new things on. Come see all the possibilities of what you can do with a loom!|
|12:00 PM||-||1:00 PM||Visit the Exhibitors|
|1:00 PM||-||1:30 PM||Marketplace LIVE: Appalachian Yarn Company|
|I'll show more of the products in the shop, including some of the hand-dyed yarns. I will also talk about sorting the alpaca fiber to determine best use for each fleece.|
|2:00 PM||-||2:30 PM||Marketplace LIVE: Eugene Textile Center|
|3:00 PM||-||3:30 PM||Marketplace LIVE: Mary M. Waite, Weaver and Dyer|
|Learn about Mary's unique hand-dyed, pre-wound warps and skeins so that you can weave one-of-a-kind items! Mary will share information about her hand-dyed warps and various ways to use them.|
|6:30 PM||-||7:00 PM||Marketplace LIVE: Vermont Weaving Supplies|
|We will be sharing information about the Vermont Weaving Subscription Clubs. We will talk about the current subscription box model and give a sneak peak into the online, project based program set to launch at the end of the month. Attend and receive a discount coupon towards an online subscription. If there is interest at the end of the meeting, we will break and reconvene in a zoom meeting where you will be welcome to ask questions about the program and anything else weaving related.|
Please continue to check back as we update the schedule. Spinning & Weaving Week is supported by generous contributions to HGA's Fiber Trust and the donation of our presenters' time, energy and expertise. HGA is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN #06-08661organization. In honor of this event, please consider a donation.
Spinning & Weaving Week Specials, Sales, and Promotions!
October 3-9, 2022
In celebration of Spinning & Weaving Week, these HGA Professional Members are offering sales, specials and promotions. Click on the member for more information and a link to their website. Professional Members: Register your Promotion
Please Note: Sales policies are unique for each member and may be limited to only purchases made October 3-9, 2022. Please check with each member for details.
Be part of HGA's 7-day celebration. This digital extravaganza showcases the fiber arts with vendor demonstrations and product talks, virtual studio tours, speakers, panels, and a fun fashion show bringing together fiber enthusiasts from across the world while providing opportunities to connect online and in the days following. All events are presented over digitally through Cvent with the ability to host an unlimited number of attendees. The 2020 inaugural event included more than 40 hours of programming over 7 days. We anticipate 1,000 fiber enthusiasts will attend HGA’s Spinning & Weaving Week either in real time or by viewing recordings.
Contributions help extend HGA’s programming to more than 10,000 fiber artists and art enthusiasts through our various programs and sustains our programs at their highest level of artistic and educational excellence.
We understand that the dollars you spend need to bring the maximum benefit to your company. Corporate sponsors are offered exclusive benefits and services based on their level of contribution. Our packages are carefully structured at each level to provide the maximum visibility and the greatest mutual benefit but can be tailored to meet your organization’s philanthropic or marketing objectives. For more information, please call (678) 730-0010 or email HGA@WeaveSpinDye.org. Register to be a Sponsor or Download Sponsorship Packages
All Spinning & Weaving Week Sponsors will receive the following recognition in addition to the items listed in the packages:
- Name recognition on HGA’s webpage as Sponsor and logo and link to your website
- Logo and name recognition in approximately *8,000 copies of Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot magazine
- E-Blast sent to HGA’s mailing list of more than 10,000 promoting your sponsorship
- Post recognizing your sponsorship on HGA’s Facebook page (8,300+ followers)
- Tweet recognizing your sponsorship from HGA’s Twitter account (1,300 followers)
- Post recognizing your sponsorship on HGA’s Instagram account (3,100 followers)
- Continued publicity for 90 days after the week is over through recorded viewing of each event
Promote Your Business
With our virtual exhibitors you will be able to set appointments and interact via chat or a web camera. Please be sure to support the fiber art community by supporting these businesses.
Advertise your Business in our Virtual Exhibit Hall
Take advantage of the expanded virtual offerings for vendors during this year's Spinning & Weaving Week. We have options to meet vendors varying needs and price points, including discounts for those who hold professional HGA memberships (Join Today). Choose from one of the two following options in our virtual exhibit hall:
- Register Vendor Page ($25 Professional Member/$50 Non-Member): Your business will be listed in our exhibitor list and will include a dedicated vendor information page to advertise your business. Includes your business logo, contact information, links to your website/online shop and social media, a description of your services, and if you wish, a pre-recorded video and a few photos of your products.
- Register Vendor Page + Interactive Exhibit Booth ($150 Professional Member/$175 Non-Member): In addition to all the benefits of a Vendor Page as described above, Interactive Exhibit Booths provide you with the opportunity to interact live and in real time with our attendees in a virtual room (through video format, via chat/messenger, and by appointment). The Virtual Exhibit Hall will be open Monday-Sunday with unopposed hours between Noon and 1 PM ET. You set the hours your virtual room will be open, but we encourage you to be in your booth during these unopposed hours. Virtual Booths also include two (2) 25-Minute Marketplace LIVE sessions to advertise your business. Marketplace LIVE sessions are recorded and available for attendees to view for up to 90 days after the Spinning & Weaving Week celebration.
- Register Marketplace LIVE ($75 Professional Member/$100 Non-Member): In a 25-minute session (or purchase two back-to-back for a 55-minute session), with the use of a webcam share business and your products, answer questions and interact with attendees.